Thursday, March 11, 2010

LaLaLa....etitia!!!!! Oui Oui!


Today I had the unfortunate experience of having to watch the new season of TOP MODEL. Don't get me wrong, I don't hate ALL reality TV. Intervention is the best show ever, actually. But, I do hate shows that degrade fashion as a form of art. and TOP Model does that so flawlessly.

I don't care to know the models, their lives, and the fact that in reality they may be dumb as hell. I want them to sell me clothes, sell me their personality on a runway. I want them to become what they wear. TOP MODEL definitely takes all the mystery out of modeling... and makes it look like a talentless craft for bimbos in most cases.

WHAT HAPPENED TO MODELING?!?

Well... just as I was loosing hope and seeing the fashion industry crumble, I saw and article from Paris Fashion week where one of my all time favorite models, Laetitia Casta, hopped back into the game at age 31 to walk the runway for Louis Vuitton.

Although, the French beauty has been MIA, she looked flawless :) Check out the pictures!

So the moral is, real models are ageless and flawless and their success doesn't "expire" with age.... what has the last, 20 year old winner of TOP MODEL done lately? Huh?

Laetitia @ age 21.. she has not changed!

No comments: